Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Dolphins!!

My biggest thrill (and greatest surprise) here in Marina del Rey is that I frequently see dolphins swimming in the surf just a few blocks from my apartment. I love dolphins, so I'm on a tremendous high every time I see them. I bought a new camera with a good optical zoom to try and get some decent pictures. (If you happen to be on the MDR beach and see a strange woman with a huge grin on her face acting like an excited 2-year-old and running along the beach while frantically snapping photos of the ocean, that would be me. :) I got lucky this past weekend and saw a pod of probably 6-10 dolphins swimming in the surf for over an hour! My first attempts at photographing them can be found here ... I know, I need to do better. ;)

No comments: