Normally I wouldn't consider a farmer's market to be blog worthy, but any event that has valet bicycle parking deserves proper recognition. Yes, that's right, valet bike parking. I guess this was an inevitable pairing of two omnipresent features of Los Angeles: valet parking (which is absolutely everywhere!) and bicycles.
The Sunday edition of the Santa Monica Farmer's Market felt more like a street fair than a traditional farmer's market with a band playing live music, pony rides for kids, vendors selling beautiful flowers, and lots of people having impromptu picnics. My ISI colleague Rahul even found a coconut to complete his super-cool touristy outfit. (The irony here being that Rahul was one of the few non-visitor CA residents in our group!) I was tempted to buy some worm poop, because, well, I don't have any worm poop and The Worm Wrangler nearly convinced me that worm poop is a remedy for nearly all gardening woes. But then it occurred to me that if worm poop is so powerful, just imagine what cat poop can do, and I can get plenty of that for free.
Afterwards, we went to the popular Omelette Parlor which, like all self-respecting California restaurants, kowtows to the local surfer crowd and allows you to order anything and everything with a side of avocado.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment